‘Forever Young’. This idea of being rejuvenated is one that has, for centuries, shaped human life. Now, more than ever has ‘the need to feel and look younger’ resulted in multiple medical, technological and spiritual movements aimed at restoring the body and mind’s youthfulness. This concept of being ‘eternal’ however has extended beyond human life, and in this particular context, gripped the luxury yachting industry. ‘Born Again’. Commonly known as ‘Refit’, this service exists to give all types of vessels, from luxury large yachts to Gigayachts, a new life with virtually unlimited possibilities. For owners, refitting their yacht is an opportunity to rediscover the unused potential, reclaiming the flaws, and altogether aim to make the Owner fall in love with his yacht again. Beyond the visual and emotional appeal of Superyacht refits, such modifications often upscale the profile of yachts and in the case of commercial Gigayachts or vessels, this results in potentially higher investment returns for Owners.
That said, refits and conversions, from large to small, are best executed by the top Shipyards, who have an equal appreciation of the finer things in life. Whereas rejuvenating in the human sense, is a myth best reserved for the Goddess Hebe who is the author and protector of the Fountain of Youth, refitting your Superyacht is reserved for the ‘god’ of Shipyards. Such is the case of the German brand, Lurssen. ‘The Lurssen Philosophy’. Lurssen is well-renowned for prizing their outstanding craftsmanship and quality above all else. With a heritage that dates back to the 1800s, the brand has constantly delivered award-winning megayachts and today hosts what it claims to be the best facilities in the world, equipped with modern technology, housing 8 modern shipyards, 3 refit centers, and nearly 3,000 highly skilled employees.
Refits and conversions large and small will not only add more comfort and convenience to the Owner’s beloved yacht but also safeguard and increase her value. A project may be as small-scale as creating a new interior look and feel or as extensive as major technological improvements – either way, the Shipyard will make sure to realise the Owner’s wishes. At Lürssen, the leadership is seeing refit and conversion measures not as an expression of dissatisfaction with a vessel, but rather as a way of caring for the yacht. The Owner will be blessed not only with even more yachting pleasure but also with an opportunity to fall in love with his yacht all over again.
‘The Refit lifecycle at Lurssen’.
- Consultation: the first step to the rebirth of your yacht is getting in touch with Lurssen to arrange a visit to your yacht and gather your ideas and wishes for the interior and exterior
- Proposal: putting your wishes at the centre of everything we do, we draw up a job list, work the numbers and give you a firm quote
- Proposal review: you are then given the opportunity, either you as an owner or through your representatives, to look carefully at our numbers and we fine-tune the offer to suit your needs and wishes
- Confirmation: once both parties are satisfied with the proposal, we finalise the agreement and prepare to go ahead with the project
- The refit: your yacht is then placed in our shipyard and the magic work begins. Depending on the job list agreed upon, this may include upgrading of interiors, material, and finishes, extensions of the vessel, HVAC system upgrades, commissioning new technological innovations, etc.
- Deliver: the light at the end of the tunnel, you finally take possession of your reborn yacht
- Follow-up: we remain in touch with you and your yacht, take care of any repairs and warranties
- The next project: after several more years of world-class yachting, we will get in touch with you to start talking about your next refit project
‘Beyond and Behind the New Look’. Lurssen’s raison d’etre goes beyond just giving new looks. Essentially, the privileges presented by the Shipyard entail the technical expertise, the state-of-the-art facilities that allow their project team to deliver state-of-the-art Megayachts but most importantly, the dedicated and specialized customer service put at Owner’s disposal right from the start.
- Anytime, Anywhere: lifetime support suggests the Owner can always turn to Lurssen with any wishes, issues or concerns that might have related to the ownership yacht regardless of residence.
- Time matters: when it comes to keeping the vessel running smoothly, Lurssen offers comprehensive onsite support to replace any damaged or worn component whenever and wherever needed
- The Finer Things in life: all services are created based on the principles; to guarantee pure yachting pleasure for you, your family, friends, and guests. The brand suggests to the Owner to sit back and enjoy the incomparable world of entertainment, relaxation, recreation, and adventure that only luxury yachting can offer
- Let the project team worry about the details: The brand offers fully operational crewing services and training, ensuring the Owners do not have to worry about payroll services, crew certificate monitoring, training or even upkeeping the beautiful interiors of the vessel.
- Good work, Good rest, Good fun: yachting is all about the pleasure and joy of luxury travel at sea. For this reason, the Shipyard goes to great lengths to make captains, crews and other representatives feel more than welcome and ready to give the Owner the perfect atmosphere on board at all times.
At the end of the day, at Lurssen the motto is that ‘If you can imagine it, we can make it happen’. To find out more about what the brand can do and how the Owner can make the most of this world of opportunities and world-class offers available. Photos in Courtesy of Lürssen Yachts. View more: https://www.lurssen.com/en/refit/